Dahivadas guilt free
I am extremely fond of dahi vallas. Always thought ,if I could make them guilt free would have gorged on few more each time. Tried them using paniyaran or appa pan to create these dahivadas. These are not deep fried and truly high on taste minus the calories.
- 1 cup of Dhuli urad dal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda or bicarbonate of soda
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups of hot water
- 2 cups Dahi
- Imli chutney & dhaniya pudina chutney as required.
- 2 green chillies
- Chat masala
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Sev to garnish
- Black salt
- Green coriander & anar Dana to garnish.
- Cooking spray
- Soak the urad dal for 2-3 hours.
- Grind to paste with baking soda and green chillies
- Beat the ground dal for 10 minutes till it is light and fluffy
- Heat up a paniyaran pan. Use a cooking spray to coat the grooves
- Place 2 tsp of ground dal onto each groove.
- Cover and cook for a minute. Turn each balls and let it cook from the other side.
- Take them out and plunge them into salted hot water and.let them soak for 10 mins.
- Squeeze excess water and place them on a shallow dish.
- Pour beaten dahi.
Top with dhaniya- pudina chutney , meetha imli chutney, coriander leaves, anardana, chat masala, black salt, red chilli powder and sev